Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Moonlite Focuser

Here's the new Moonlite focuser installed on the RC8 with QHY9 and filterwheel hanging off it. I promised to Michelle that this will be the last astro stuff I'll be purchasing 'this' year. Hahahah... Happy New Year!

Just over $720(Awsome exchange rate!!!) landed in Australia, it comes with stepper drive and a USB controller. The flange is manually rotatable and collimatable. Most importantly it shows no sign of flex what so ever.

1st night out I used Bahtinov mask and jog function to reach focus. 2nd night out I fired up Focusmax and followed instructions to run v-curves.

Screen capture shows my initial v-curve runs. To my surprise everything just worked as it automatically stepped through exposures and focuser positions OMG!
There are many parameters to adjust to suit my system, so will need to hit the forums to work out my critical focus zone (CFZ), step size etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment