Saturday, January 8, 2011

More bits and pieces - Delrin Tipped Screws

Just received some more parts for my scope. These are Delrin Tipped Screws from ADM Accessories. I needed longer ones to replace the ones on current guidescope rings. These give me more flexibility when searching for suitable guide stars. The light pollution in the area limits my choice of guide stars significantly. Looking for a guide star can be a pain sometimes due my narrow FOV on my guide chip/scope combo. Perhaps, a better solution would be faster and wider guidescope plus a more sensitive guide camera. I am working on a 9x50 finder scope conversion, so will see how that goes first.

Also, took some more photos of the rig including a selfportrait while waiting for my next target to rise above my roofline. Don't normally like to take self portraits, but the scope looked a bit lonely this time, a bit of experimentation with camera angle included.

And I don't know how to smile when a camera is pointing in the wrong direction. I hope I didn't scare off anyone with this pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment